Sunday, April 10, 2011

The Matt

Every girl has a picture in her head of what she wants her wedding day to look like: the type of dress she will wear, the color of flowers that will be included in her bouquet, the song she will dance her first dance to, etc. For me, the picture of my perfect wedding day always included the Durham Museum. For those who don't live in Omaha, the Durham is this ah-mazing, Art Deco masterpiece; a train station converted into a museum that I spent many a days at as a child. I didn't want to have my reception anywhere else!
But I was sooned kicked back to reality when I looked into the Durham; it was amazing (as always) but it was very expensive and didn't include anything: no tables, no chairs, no dance floor...nothing. And as hard as I tried (Trust me, I tried really, really, really hard) to fit it into our budget, it just didn't work. :(
So on a whim, my fiance and I went and looked at the Old Mattress Factory, a warehouse-converted-into-a-restaurant that has a second floor rental space. I didn't want to go; I thought that the space would be cheesy and cheap...but man, was I wrong!
We immediately loved the cool, lofty vibe and the price was just right! Even though it's not the Durham, I think it fits our personality so much better and I am excited to put our stamp on the place on our wedding day. Sometimes you find what you are looking for in the most unexpected places :)

Melissa

No comments:

Post a Comment